First things first, the best thing about today so far is me skipping school like I’m some sort of rebel. Ok, I really am not. I would have very much preferred to be at school, but the roads were just not letting that happen today.
After 10 minutes of my husband basically ice-picking my windshield (because that’s how caked on the ice actually was…no lie), and me driving for 5 minutes, I said F this, turned around and came back home. I’m still battling with my goody-two-shoes (did I get that right?) self to just accept that I won’t have the lecture notes for today – probably better than me ending up in a ditch on the way to school.
And here are some of my favourites (since now I have the time to laze around and surf the web!)
Finally ordered a full length pair of wunder unders – they had some in clearance (or ‘we made too much’ as they like to call it) for $59 – done and done!
Favourite gift (from here):
Favourite article (found here)
Favourite supplement (taken from here – not necessarily where I might purchase from)
Something I need to get my hands on ASAP! I swear it’s been smacking me in the face since yesterday! It’s like the instance of when you think about someone that you haven’t seen in a long time, and then you happen to see them…weird, right? Well spirulina is trying to tell me something – it wants to be friends!
Favourite workout site
Absolutely loving BodyRock…you really have no excuses for not doing these workouts. They’re adaptable and great…and make you nice and shweaty!
Just cherish every moment – especially when the road conditions are bad and you never know what could happen. That was the inspiration for my word!
And on that note, I’ve decided I AM going to go to school for my remaining 2 classes (can you tell this blog post has been in the works for a few hours now lol). The snow has stopped and the roads have been cleared, so now I can go and learn like my little mind would like to do!
Have a great Friday!
What are your Friday favourites?!?!
I had other ideas of things in mind that I was going to do today…but that’s ok because today still turned out to be pretty successful. And yes, I would repeat it everyday if I could.
Started it off right with some oats – in went 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 coconut milk (unsweetened), 1/2 a naner. Stir in a pot over med-high heat until desire consistency, then mix in your toppings. Mix ins: 2 tsp ground flax, 1 tsp chia seeds, sliced almonds, shredded unsweetened coconut and white chocolate PB. Top it off with a tea and voila – perfecto breakfast.
I squeezed in a little time to study chem (hello, teacher call me, so I can get this final written by next week!). Somehow studying chem always turns into going into my Google Reader…it’s a mystery to me… 😛
I have been on the hunt for a banana bread for the past day now (banana’s won’t stay overripe forever…haha) and finally just scraped the search and made my own variation on two recipes I was looking at.
Coconut and banana fusion!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 small very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax + 6 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup *next time I would up the amount of this
- sweeten, sweeten, sweeten! I definitely neglected the sweet aspect of this recipe (and also didn’t have any vanilla on hand which might have made a difference)
- increase the temperature of the oven from the beginning. This took way too long to bake. I’m not one to hang around for an hour while a banana bread bakes!
- coconut oil, anyone?! I’m kicking myself for not adding it.
Once you added a little Earth Balance, it definitely increased my liking for it.
A little pre-run carb load up and I was good to run!
My workout outfit :
Which happens to all be lululemon…except for the shoes!
- Flow Y bra
- Cool Racerback tank (if you’re anything like me and like longer tops, then you’ll love this one)
- Ultimate Running sock
- Black Running Shorts – which they no longer carry + can’t remember the name (sorry!)
- Shoes: New Balance 758
Today’s run was 6.56 miles in 60 mins. Hubby got home from work when I was 10 mins away from being done my run. We had just enough time to talk for about 10 mins post-run before he was heading out the door to go teach a golf lesson. In that time, I squeezed in a quick workout on top of the run.
- shoulder press on stability ball – 3 sets, 12 reps, 8lb weight in each hand
- lateral shoulder raises sitting on stability ball – 3 sets, 10 reps, 5 lb weights in each hand
- tricep dips on stairs – 3 sets, 12 reps, body weight
- hip lifts lying on floor – 2 sets, 10 reps followed by 10 pulses at the top , using two 5 lb weights
- leg extensions on stability ball – 2 sets, 10 reps
- 50 crunches with feet on stability ball
- 20 stair jumps (to get that heart rate back up) – I jumped 2 steps
- lunges – 2 sets, 10 reps (each leg), 8 lb weight in each hand
- dead lifts – 2 sets, 12 reps, 8 lb weight in each hand
After racing through that, I managed to convince the hubby to make a pitstop at Starbucks (this is how dedicated I am – we drove separately, so he wouldn’t be late to teach his lesson, because I wanted Starbucks so bad and I knew he needed it after his early morning start today). So I met him after a 3 min car drive to Starbucks, we ordered together, then he was off. Nothing like some quality time with the hubby 🙂
The reason for the need to go to Starbucks? 1/2 price frappuccino’s obviously! I got the new mocha coconut with soy milk and it was delish!
I’m afraid that I might get sucked in and get one each day the 1/2 price deal is on (which goes until may 15th…yikes!)
That brings me to this point in time: writing blog and thinking about how I should have showered before I wrote this blog post (today’s run was a sweaty one…TMI?). And that is that. Happy Friday!
Q: What is your fav drink from Starbucks?
I normally love chai tea latte’s, but love when Starbuck’s does great promotions like this because it allows you to try other great products for a fraction of the price!
What gear do you like to workout in?
I love lululemon, especially since I stocked up on gear when I worked there, and haven’t really branched on to new things!
What’s your favourite way to sweat?
I love running, and when given the chance also like to use the stairmaster! I used to dance and loved that as exercise and would like to get back into it. I haven’t done yoga in a while (especially hot yoga for the sweating purpose of this question) and think I should do more of that just to make sure my flexibility stays intact!