Hello, hello! Another Wednesday has landed on our doorstep, so you know what that meeeeaaaannnssss…
Today I’m bringing you my eats from Tuesday (aka: yesterday). Who doesn’t love a little gander into what other people are eating?! Especially those Tuesday eats, love me some Tuesday eats…
- One juicy-ripe nectarine (don’t mind how weird my hand looks for some reason hahaha!)
- Hot oatmeal with a little brown sugar on it (from Timmy’s since we were still on the road coming back home) – unpictured
- Iced coffee with vanilla stevia and coconut milk – unpictured (my bad!)
- Mixed greens salad with sweet onion, carrot, cucumber and avocado.
- On the side, an Amy’s organic veggie burger topped with some Daiya pepperjack cheese and Dad’s bbq sauce
- 2 squares of chocolate with sea salt (pretty much addicted)
- apple with PB (you can’t go wrong)
- Luna bar (chocolate dipped coconut)
- roasted potato and green bean salad + a million extra potatoes eaten on the side 😉
In the day, I also drink about 17 liters of water, just for good measure 😉
I still like to think of myself as a newbie to WIAW (hello! third post), but here’s a look at the other two that I did partake in, in case you missed them:
And there you have it, another (WIA)Wednesday, another fun-filled food experience with all the other lovely bloggers. Until next time my friends, keep tracking what you eat and make me drool over!
Michelle’s dinner and dessert or Jessica’s pancakes (which I’m so making in T-minus 15 minutes) or Chelsea’s pancakes (which look so tempting, too!) or Jemma’s dhal curry or Donna’s chickpeas or Corey’s skinny pina colada (or four) or… I think you get the picture – a lot of people have great eats. Make sure to check them out 😉
It’s officially pancake time over here! Have a great Wednesday!
Quote of the day:
Granola, where have you been all my life?!
I know you’ve pretended to be all healthy and good, down the cereal aisle – you looked like you were healthy – but you do not compare to the granola I’m talking about.
You see, the granola I’m talking about, doesn’t come from a box.
Or a plastic bag.
Or even the grocery store, for that matter.
It comes from me. Your all-mighty creator.
Why I had ever bought pre-made granola before is beyond me. Never again.
Easy Amazing Granola
So easy and delicious that you’ll forget you were the one who made it.
Yields: ~4 cups
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin [pepita] seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (I used just under 1/4 because I’m not a fan of using oils to bake/cook)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1.5 tbsp hemp seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Combine all your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Place coconut oil in a small bowl, microwave to liquify, then add maple syrup and mix.
4. Add wet to dry ingredients and combine.
5. Place mixture on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 20-25 mins. Stirring mixture once, halfway through.
7. Take note of the awesome transformation that’s happened.
Enjoy on it’s own or with almond milk – which is the bomb diggity.
You could also add some…
Crispy Apple Slices
- One apple (I used organic fuji)
- 1/8 cup agave nectar
- sprinkles of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. De-core and thinly slice apple.
3. In a small bowl mix apple slices with agave nectar.
4. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Sprinkle slices with cinnamon (according to your liking).
6. Bake for 40-45 mins. Make sure you check on them frequently – change from looking undercooked to brown very quickly (mine were more on the brown/overcooked side).
The apple will come out nice and crispy. The cool part about them was while they were still hot, they would feel like they weren’t crispy, but once you put them in your mouth, they would immediately crispify (new word?). Crumble these bad boys up and add them to your granola – so now you have two different kinds to
Like I said, I love granola.
The nutritional stats are lovable, too.