A good morning start is with inspiration in every tea bag (no joke).
I think I might slightly lean more towards the idea of buying this tea just for the little messages it leaves on the tea bag string. I mean, the tea is delicious, but who doesn’t love a little ‘thought of the day?!’
I also wanted to share my hair inspiration from the other night. Although I now associate this hair style with sweet, torturous pain (a la CrossFit), I’m sure good memories of it will resurface one day.
So what is it?!
It’s a ponytail.
It’s a braid.
This was not a perfect rendition of the braidtail, but I’m pretty sure you get the idea of what it should look like, had I not failed to do it straight (read: I had to rush out the door to pretty much get slapped around in the gym).
I think next time I’ll do it on an angle so I can have it over one shoulder.
You too can wear this very nice braidtail and use it after your workout to dry your tears. Comes in pretty handy now, doesn’t it?
Katie had posted this really cute zebra video (which I now have the song stuck in my head #thankyouverymuch), so I wanted to post a youtube video as well, just to prove how cool I actually am, too.
The husband and I watched this one last night and although it’s not a funny situation, I was laughing to the point of crying. I’m sorry to all the people who actually were in this video. May your cars RIP.
Side note: I promise you I’m not a horrible person, but I was a little overtired last night and could have very well been the reason why I was laughing.
And finally, one last thing. If you’re a non-dairy milk lover, is this something you will be trying?! I’m sure it will take one billion years to make it’s way to Canada, but when it does, I will be inline to try it! (psst, it’s flax milk in case you didn’t click the link).
Here is the ingredient list for the three different flavours of the flax milk.
Another side note that’s very important: I do NOT recommend males drinking this type of milk since it has flax oil in it opposed to flax seeds. Flax oil (unlike the seed) should not be consumed by males, since it has been positively linked to enlarged prostate.
Tell your male friends!
My favourite non-dairy milks include (in order of popularity):
- unsweetened almond milk (by Silk!)
- dark chocolate almond milk (by Silk! again)
- soy milk – preferably unsweetened and organic
- coconut milk (but not in Canada since they do not yet have the rights to fortify their milk here…yet)
I’m hoping the flax milk might make it on there one day!
Those are my Thursday thoughts. Have a great day!
Hello, hello! Another Wednesday has landed on our doorstep, so you know what that meeeeaaaannnssss…
Today I’m bringing you my eats from Tuesday (aka: yesterday). Who doesn’t love a little gander into what other people are eating?! Especially those Tuesday eats, love me some Tuesday eats…
- One juicy-ripe nectarine (don’t mind how weird my hand looks for some reason hahaha!)
- Hot oatmeal with a little brown sugar on it (from Timmy’s since we were still on the road coming back home) – unpictured
- Iced coffee with vanilla stevia and coconut milk – unpictured (my bad!)
- Mixed greens salad with sweet onion, carrot, cucumber and avocado.
- On the side, an Amy’s organic veggie burger topped with some Daiya pepperjack cheese and Dad’s bbq sauce
- 2 squares of chocolate with sea salt (pretty much addicted)
- apple with PB (you can’t go wrong)
- Luna bar (chocolate dipped coconut)
- roasted potato and green bean salad + a million extra potatoes eaten on the side 😉
In the day, I also drink about 17 liters of water, just for good measure 😉
I still like to think of myself as a newbie to WIAW (hello! third post), but here’s a look at the other two that I did partake in, in case you missed them:
And there you have it, another (WIA)Wednesday, another fun-filled food experience with all the other lovely bloggers. Until next time my friends, keep tracking what you eat and make me drool over!
Michelle’s dinner and dessert or Jessica’s pancakes (which I’m so making in T-minus 15 minutes) or Chelsea’s pancakes (which look so tempting, too!) or Jemma’s dhal curry or Donna’s chickpeas or Corey’s skinny pina colada (or four) or… I think you get the picture – a lot of people have great eats. Make sure to check them out 😉
It’s officially pancake time over here! Have a great Wednesday!
Quote of the day: