six monthsPosted: September 30, 2011
Today my wee little blog turns six months old!! Conveniently, it’s also World Vegetarian Day. Go blog and veg!
And that, my friends, is ‘sheepy birthday.’ You know you’re laughing inside right now.
Who knew that when I signed up my blog, that six months would pass like that….like that! I didn’t. But here it is. Can I get some honesty out there??
Let’s hope you said yes, because here it goes! I wish I would have put more time and effort into my blog in the past 6 months, but it’s also good opportunity to realize what I wish I would have done, and fix it.
I wanted to establish more routine and rhythm and haven’t managed to do that…just yet. With that being said, I plan to keep going and stay true to it, and hopefully develop that rhythm! Although 6 months is still somewhat new, I still have more to accomplish and do. But, I’m ok with that – it’s a work in progress 😉
Keeping with the moving forward theme, it’s time for some October goals. I’ve been seriously slacking on the goal front – I’ve actually been slacking on a lot lately (do those chapters really need to be read for chemistry?!). So this is my attempt to get back on track and keep this train a-chuggin’!
- Have the most amazing second anniversary with my husband.
- Study at least 2 hours for each midterm (or more if needed).
- Start meal planning and meal budgeting –> less eating out, more eating in.
- Have readily available meals (like soups, stews, desserts that can easily be frozen ;))
- Run 3 times a week, weights 2 times a week.
- Cutback on Starbucks (every ounce of me is disappointed in making this goal visible, but intervention is needed) – once a week, twice at most!
- Find a volunteer position
I think that’s a pretty good start. I don’t want to commit to too much (because if one had to get cut above, let’s be honest, it’d be the Starbucks one :P).
What are your goals for the month?!?! Am I missing anything important? Is it bad that I have to ask my invisible audience that?!
In spirit of World Vegetarian Day, I thought I’d leave some links with you that are all veggie related!
- Vegetarian Eating 101
- Meatless Monday (Canada)
- 7 Vegetarian Eating Tips
- Vegetarian Recipes (Clean Eating Magazine)
- Vegetarian Meal Planning
I love veggies and animals, so the less animals you can eat, the better!
Have a great weekend and hope your start to October is an amazing one (and yes, I’m in comfy and a blanket because the weather is really proving itself autumn)!