my school must haves + goalsPosted: September 10, 2011
I’m a pretty
picky precise person – just ask the husband. So when I say my school must-haves, I mean my school must-haves. Here are the things I was all over for this year:
- A new bag. I’m over the whole backpack thing and needed a more ‘grown-up’ bag (sorry little sis who was desperately trying to make me stick with a backpack!). A grown-up bag to me is a crossbody bag. When the husband asked me what kind of bag I wanted the convo went a little something like this:
Husband: What kind of bag do you want for school?
Me: Well, I kind of want something like a brown leather crossbody bag.
The husband laughs.
Husband: You said you ‘kind of’ wanted something and then just described the exact bag you wanted.
Oh brother 😛 I’m so indecisive that I can’t separate it from when I’m actually being decisive – how does he put up with me?!
I don’t know where I got the idea that I wanted that style of bag (read: I’m genius), so I googled it for images, and this was the first one that came up:
Here’s the one I ended up finding the day I started school. Talk about cutting it short!
It must have been meant to be or how else would I have conveniently found it in the last store I was stopping at before heading to school?! And, it passes the ‘laptop’ test (otherwise known as: laptop fits in it).
- Colourful folders. I don’t know why I’m such a sucker for these things, but I absolutely love them. Not even for just school, I used them for everything (it’s actually where our marriage certificate sat for a while – placed in the pink folder!)
- Highlighters. So if you haven’t gathered by now that I’m a colour queen, then I’ll just send you my highlighted study notes and that should do the trick 😉
- Sharpie pens. I think I tried these because my mom had them one time and instantly fell in love. I’m kinda pen-picky (new saying?), so when I find a good one, I tend to stick by it. Also, I prefer black to blue ink – I know by now you probably are thinking I’m the weirdest person you know…whythankyou.
- A daytimer. Again, enter the weirdness – back when I was completing my first degree, I bought a daytimer from the university bookstore and it had a full page month map for each month.
This came in so handy for me (since I’m a visual person) to write down all my assignments/midterms/papers due each month and be able to see what was due when and how I would budget my time each month. I loved this monthly calendar page so much that I really didn’t settle for daytimer’s that didn’t have it, after that. So, of course, finding a daytimer I liked for this school year was tough, but alas, I found one:
There you have it…that pretty much sums up my school must-haves!
This post wouldn’t be complete without listing some goals – these probably should be more picky than my school must-haves, but for some reason I have it all backwards!
Goals for school:
- Never purchase any meals on campus. Always bring my own, unless I’m making a stop at Starbucks – that’s the only exception (isn’t it always!). This university has already taken enough money from me! Plus, where on campus would you be able to find a kick ass salad like this…
- Try as hard as I must to guarantee 85% or higher for my GPA.
- Use my time between classes to get work done.
- Find at least two volunteer positions this year to build my resume.
- Try to be sensible with the material I print (can I be honest with you? I’m a printing ski-zank…I tend to print anything and everything I think I might need – makes for an expensive ink cartridge bill!)
Questions of the day:
Are you picky about certain things like I am?
What was/is your fav subject in college or university?