eat, bake, run…repeatPosted: May 6, 2011
I had other ideas of things in mind that I was going to do today…but that’s ok because today still turned out to be pretty successful. And yes, I would repeat it everyday if I could.
Started it off right with some oats – in went 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 coconut milk (unsweetened), 1/2 a naner. Stir in a pot over med-high heat until desire consistency, then mix in your toppings. Mix ins: 2 tsp ground flax, 1 tsp chia seeds, sliced almonds, shredded unsweetened coconut and white chocolate PB. Top it off with a tea and voila – perfecto breakfast.
I squeezed in a little time to study chem (hello, teacher call me, so I can get this final written by next week!). Somehow studying chem always turns into going into my Google Reader…it’s a mystery to me… 😛
I have been on the hunt for a banana bread for the past day now (banana’s won’t stay overripe forever…haha) and finally just scraped the search and made my own variation on two recipes I was looking at.
Coconut and banana fusion!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 small very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax + 6 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup *next time I would up the amount of this
- sweeten, sweeten, sweeten! I definitely neglected the sweet aspect of this recipe (and also didn’t have any vanilla on hand which might have made a difference)
- increase the temperature of the oven from the beginning. This took way too long to bake. I’m not one to hang around for an hour while a banana bread bakes!
- coconut oil, anyone?! I’m kicking myself for not adding it.
Once you added a little Earth Balance, it definitely increased my liking for it.
A little pre-run carb load up and I was good to run!
My workout outfit :
Which happens to all be lululemon…except for the shoes!
- Flow Y bra
- Cool Racerback tank (if you’re anything like me and like longer tops, then you’ll love this one)
- Ultimate Running sock
- Black Running Shorts – which they no longer carry + can’t remember the name (sorry!)
- Shoes: New Balance 758
Today’s run was 6.56 miles in 60 mins. Hubby got home from work when I was 10 mins away from being done my run. We had just enough time to talk for about 10 mins post-run before he was heading out the door to go teach a golf lesson. In that time, I squeezed in a quick workout on top of the run.
- shoulder press on stability ball – 3 sets, 12 reps, 8lb weight in each hand
- lateral shoulder raises sitting on stability ball – 3 sets, 10 reps, 5 lb weights in each hand
- tricep dips on stairs – 3 sets, 12 reps, body weight
- hip lifts lying on floor – 2 sets, 10 reps followed by 10 pulses at the top , using two 5 lb weights
- leg extensions on stability ball – 2 sets, 10 reps
- 50 crunches with feet on stability ball
- 20 stair jumps (to get that heart rate back up) – I jumped 2 steps
- lunges – 2 sets, 10 reps (each leg), 8 lb weight in each hand
- dead lifts – 2 sets, 12 reps, 8 lb weight in each hand
After racing through that, I managed to convince the hubby to make a pitstop at Starbucks (this is how dedicated I am – we drove separately, so he wouldn’t be late to teach his lesson, because I wanted Starbucks so bad and I knew he needed it after his early morning start today). So I met him after a 3 min car drive to Starbucks, we ordered together, then he was off. Nothing like some quality time with the hubby 🙂
The reason for the need to go to Starbucks? 1/2 price frappuccino’s obviously! I got the new mocha coconut with soy milk and it was delish!
I’m afraid that I might get sucked in and get one each day the 1/2 price deal is on (which goes until may 15th…yikes!)
That brings me to this point in time: writing blog and thinking about how I should have showered before I wrote this blog post (today’s run was a sweaty one…TMI?). And that is that. Happy Friday!
Q: What is your fav drink from Starbucks?
I normally love chai tea latte’s, but love when Starbuck’s does great promotions like this because it allows you to try other great products for a fraction of the price!
What gear do you like to workout in?
I love lululemon, especially since I stocked up on gear when I worked there, and haven’t really branched on to new things!
What’s your favourite way to sweat?
I love running, and when given the chance also like to use the stairmaster! I used to dance and loved that as exercise and would like to get back into it. I haven’t done yoga in a while (especially hot yoga for the sweating purpose of this question) and think I should do more of that just to make sure my flexibility stays intact!