lentil lovin’Posted: April 26, 2011
Oh, sweet lentils. I started thinking about you on my six mile run today. I began asking myself how I could use you in a quick lunch recipe that would taste delicious and give me the post-run boost I needed. I also starting thinking about what you would pair up nicely with. Then you spoke to me, with your sweet green colour and said curry. So I listened, and came up with something that totally left my belly feeling happy.
Makes 2-3 servings.
- 1 can of lentils (or prepare your own – time crunch = canned!)
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2-3 collard green leaves, cut into thin slices
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- EVOO, salt and pepper (according to liking)
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh cilantro
5. Once everything has cooked, transfer to a bowl, put a dollop of Greek yogurt on with some chopped cilantro.
It really is that easy and tastes amazing! It sure hit the spot with the hubby 😉
After that boost, I headed to work for some more training (and luckily it doesn’t end there – one more training day tomorrow). The girl I was working with was awesome. A lot of little things to remember, but that’s why I had that trusty lentil lunch to help me! I better stop talking about them, it’s making me want some!
Q: What’s your favourite thing to pair with lentils?